zaterdag 23 maart 2013

Checkpoint timing seems difficult?

It is now possible to restart a checkpointed application through the usage of some additional timers and the sync function.
But another problem has risen, it seems to be impossible to restart from a checkpoint that was created after a previous restart.
At the moment I fail to see the cause of this but hope to resolve it quite quickly.

Another part that is interesting is the time it takes for snapshots.
Once again I tried to calculate the time with the plugin system of DMTCP but this seems not to work.
The order of execution of plugin points seems not be as predictable as I would want them to be.

Since I already noticed some timing code being present inside DMTCP, I was quite sure there was a way to use this to my advantage.
There is indeed an --enable-timing flag while configuring DMTCP which writes timing results to the error stream and to a jtimings.csv file.

But even this method gives me timestamps that are not taking the VM snapshot into account.
I seriously doubt the way they calculate those timing values and will contact the developers once more.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten